Position: Vice President of Sales
We are working to fill a VP of Sales role with a progressive tech company, but it may not be quite what you expect. This isn’t the usual “sit in the office and tell team members what to do” VP of Sales role. Although developing strategy and growing/managing a team will be crucial responsibilities, we are looking for someone who’s been hardened by battle and who is driven by the thrill of the hunt! Someone who firmly believes in a player-coach approach to management, has extensive enterprise sales experience, and has built their sales career in tech could be a great fit for this role.
Our customer has a strong global presence but, they are focusing on growing their team right in the heart of Boise. They play with the big dogs and with already well established verticals, they recently released a new software product that will enable them to penetrate even more markets. The successful VP of Sales candidate will be responsible for driving in new business, increasing sales with current customer base, and working closely with the CEO on growth and strategy planning. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Pete Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume!
The Vice President of Sales for North America is responsible to deliver the established sales targets set by the board and the CEO and to meet the company objectives. Responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
- Annual Contract Value (ACV) (include targets)
- Sales Growth (ideal growth percentage) • Revenue
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Manage the sales team’s operations and resources to deliver profitable growth. Implements and execute on sales policies and practices.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales process that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements as required
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions. Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to establish successful support, channel, and partner programs.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Prospecting for new partners / customers and development of channels
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Proven ability to problem solve and think strategically
- Player-coach mentality with drive for results
- Carry sales quota
- Ability to build a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan
- Superior skills at building and growing sales channels
- Proficient at monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behaviors with performance expectations
- Capable of managing key customer relations and closing strategic opportunities
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales acumen and leadership
- This position will require heavy domestic travel and potentially light international travel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
Required Education and Experience
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Successful experience selling Business Intelligence (BI)
- Successful experience with Enterprise Sales.
Classification: Full-time Exempt
Base Salary Range (flexible): $150,000 – $175,000
Territory: North America
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Office: Boise, ID
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email Pete Richter at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!