Who Should Work With a Recruiter?
What kind of person should work with a recruiter? And what exactly does a recruiter do?
If these are questions that run through your head when you hear the term “recruiter,” you’re not alone. We often hear people say they don’t think they’re qualified enough, or they’re not the “right type of person” for a recruiter to work with. You don’t have to be a spaceship engineer or a seasoned executive to work with a recruiter!
Let’s start with the basics.
What we do:
- Help local, Idaho companies meet their growth strategies by providing them with exceptional, hard-to-find talent
- At RNG, we use a relationship-based approach to recruiting, that allows us to more intimately understand both our customers’ and candidates’ goals
What we don’t do:
- RNG is not a staffing/temp/job-search agency
- We are not interested in poaching candidates or even “head-hunting”
How much is a recruiter going to cost?
At RNG, our services are 100% free for our candidates. Our customers (the local companies we work with) typically pay a percent of any hired candidates’ first year salary, or a flat fee, depending on their needs.
How does RNG find candidates?
First and foremost, we believe in building relationships. We grow our network mainly through referrals, networking events, and word of mouth. Our goal isn’t to be the biggest player in the game, with the largest network, but to stick to our roots by focusing on the quality of our connections. We believe in mutual respect, and truly getting to know the people we work with, to ensure the connections we make are the “right fit.”
Do I need to have an extensive resume for a recruiter to be interested in working with me?
Short answer: it depends. As mentioned above, we’re not a temp or staffing agency. We are helping candidates find careers, not just another job. That being said, we welcome new graduates to get in touch! We help fill a diverse range of positions, from C-level executives to entry-level jobs.
What jobs/occupations does RNG recruit for?
We recruit for a wide range of occupations, in a wide range of fields. As we’ve explained, we place candidates in positions ranging from entry-level, to management, to C-level executives. We place said candidates in positions that include: sales, marketing, finance, accounting, human resources, IT + development, and operations. This mix allows us to work with candidates and companies with diverse backgrounds.
However, we do have a few caveats that help to define our niche:
- We work exclusively with local, Idaho companies
- We only place full time, direct-hire positions (no temporary, or temp-to-hire)
- Our focus is on finding companies candidates who are committed to long-term, professional careers
Have more questions about working with a recruiter? Let’s grab coffee! Click here for more info on frequently asked questions!