In this month’s technology newsletter, Ollie gave a breakdown of technology wages. (If you’re not already in the loop- Subscribe here).
In this breakdown we take a look at how different tech hubs are compensating their labor markets. We worked with a local, labor economist (Thanks Ethan! @ethanmansfield) to see just how the Boise Technology Labor Market stacks up against Pacific Northwest Tech centers.
Here are the things to know about the Boise Market:
- Adjusted for cost of living, Boise ranks 6/10 for median wage for Computer Occupations and Software Development.
- Boise is below the National Average for concentration of computer occupations.
- On a county level, Ada County has 3.1% share of total employees in the technology industry.
- The technology industry in Ada County has seen a 63% surge in growth. All other industries have seen an average of 31%.
- In Q1 2018, Idaho saw a net migration of 1,626 Professional and Technical people move into Idaho. In Q1 2010, Idaho saw 862.
It’s no secret Boise is booming with growth, every list out there ranks Boise as an amazing place to live, work, and raise a family.
Cyberstates projects the base of tech occupation employment – a subset of net tech employment will grow by 13.1 percent in Idaho by 2026.
Are you reading this and thinking it might be time for a change?
Make 2020 your year! Reach out to us and get connected with the innovative tech companies driving growth in Boise! Want to know more about these stats? Send us an email to see the full presentation or have us out to present!