Reading. All The Successful Folks Are Doing It.
When was the last time you finished reading a book? Too long? As the temperatures drop, that desire to curl up with a good book rises. Maybe you’re taking a sick day to beat that cold everyone seems to have this time of year, or maybe you’re just looking to read a book that makes you want to do better. Are you traveling this holiday season and have some downtime to fill? Taking a stay-cation?
Either way reading is scientifically proven to be beneficial to you.
Here are 11 reasons to read:
- Cognitive Mental Stimulation and Brain Exercising
- Vocabulary and Knowledge Expansion
- Lower levels of Stress and Tension Relief
- Helps With Depression and Dysthymia
- Memory Improvement and Better Focus
- Strengthens Your Writing Abilities
- Enhances Your Imagination and Empathy
- Boosts Your Sleep
- Give You Entertainment and Peace of Mind
- Brightens Your Day
Everyone has their favorite go-to but it’s time to branch out.
Here are a few of our favorite books to help you start your list:
Jessica Cafferty: Leadership and Self-Deception by Arbinger Institute
Ollie MuseKamp: Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard
Peter Richter: The Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield
Here is Forbes reading list focused on Optimism. Make a goal for yourself to finish one by New Years!