So you’re planning to use the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to find the perfect candidate?
Oftentimes, in the quest to find the “perfect candidate,” organizations will turn to Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In hindsight, it’s completely understandable, using an ATS reduces time, energy, and general administrative functions needed in hiring…or so they say.
However, there are serious pitfalls and general misses that occur when relying heavily on using the Applicant Tracking System.
It boils down to the lack of human connection (that you’ll most certainly get when you work with a recruiter) throughout the process!
4 Problems When Using The Applicant Tracking System
- Impersonal Screening – The ATS overlook qualified candidates with non-traditional backgrounds or skills.
- Clunky Communication – Applicant Tracking Systems often leave job seekers in the dark, with automated rejections and lack of feedback, leading to frustration.
- Limited creativity and innovation – Due to rigid keyword matching, the ATS stifles the discovery of top-talent with fresh perspectives and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Time-consuming configuration and implementation – Implementing and customizing an ATS can be a tedious and time-consuming process which adds administrative burden.
At first glance, it can be hard for organizations to see the true value in working with an external recruiter to source that niche talent you’re looking for. But, if you feel like you’re hitting your head against a brick wall over and over again with your ATS efforts, it might be worth reconsidering a recruiting agency for the following reasons:
Why Recruiters Matter
- Personalized Approach and Interactions – We have a high-touch process and overall understanding of both the candidates and clients on a deeper level that results in long-term cultural fits.
- Valuable Guidance and Industry Insights – Whether it’s elevating a resume (from the candidate’s side) or reviewing salary and interview process (from the client’s side), recruiters offer valuable guidance and industry insights that positively benefits the experience for all parties involved.
- Meaningful Relationships – Recruiters have the ability to build relationships, foster trust, and ultimately act as mediators between employers and candidates for a smoother hiring experience.
- Ongoing Support Beyond Hiring – Going that extra mile ensures successful integration and a higher employee retention rate.
At the end of the day, it’s worth re-examining what your ATS is bringing to the table. Outside of overall convenience, deciding whether a more personalized experience via a recruiter would help bridge the gap in finding the necessary talent needed for your organization.
Recruiters bring expertise, relationship-building, and continuous support, making them a true partner in your hiring process!
Planning to hire professionals in software engineering, sales, administration, operations and more?
Contact us now to get started with your personalized recruiting plan!
Just click the button below to get started.