Your Guide To Manufacturing in Idaho
Are you looking to learn more about manufacturing in Idaho?
Our recruiting specialists have put together some of the latest stats about manufacturing’s growth right here in the Gem State. From employment trends to economic impact, you’ll understand why makers are increasingly turning towards Idaho for growth opportunities — while also seeing what the data can tell us about national shifts in production.
At Route Networking Group, we’re eagerly keeping a pulse on these industry happenings across the state and beyond.
We see that the manufacturing sector in Idaho is witnessing remarkable growth, both in expansion and employment opportunities.
Let’s dig deeper and understand exactly what is driving this growth!
Key Insights on Idaho’s Manufacturing Sector:
- Diversity & Employment Opportunities: According to Idaho Commerce, over 60,000 individuals work in manufacturing companies in the state, showcasing the industry’s vast scope.
- Statewide Impact: The Idaho Manufacturing Alliance’s Economic Impact Report highlights that manufacturing accounts for 170,000 jobs, comprising nearly 20% of the state’s total workforce.
- Growth Metrics: Over the past decade, there’s been a noticeable increase in employment in the manufacturing sector. The Idaho Manufacturing Alliance ranks Idaho as the 2nd fastest-growing state in manufacturing in the U.S.
Economic Contribution of Manufacturing in Idaho:
- The Idaho Manufacturing Alliance’s report reveals that manufacturing contributes $16.2 billion to the Gross State Product, which is 19% of the total.
- Beyond contributing to the product, manufacturing represents 18% of Idaho’s total compensation. This translates to an impressive $1.16 billion in state and local tax revenue.
National Manufacturing Outlook:
While there’s a slight delay in national data since reports are typically released post-fiscal-year, the 2021 insights from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) provide valuable information:
- In 2021, manufacturing accounted for 12% of the total U.S. GDP.
- From July 2020 to July 2022, manufacturers faced a 33.9% increase in the prices of their goods. This rise affects purchasing power and has repercussions on trade.
- Nevertheless, the good news is that manufacturing employment opportunities across the U.S. are plentiful, and profits continue to rise.
Recruit Project Engineers, Operations Managers and More For Your Manufacturing Company
Manufacturing in Idaho isn’t just an industry; it’s an ever-growing opportunity hub, with chances for meaningful employment and a bright future.
The growth of manufacturing ensures ample opportunities not just for skilled labor but also a variety of roles across the board.
We’re ready to connect you with skilled professionals for your open roles in engineering, operations, C-suite and more!
Contact us now to get started.
Our team continuously engages with diverse clients and candidates from a variety of sectors. We pride ourselves on being the go-to experts for hiring teams, seamlessly integrating with their operations, and staying updated on industry trends locally and nationally. We aim to be the experts that hiring teams can rely on to work as an extension of their organization!